Authors' Losses

MadisonG's Tracker - Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

CallieM's Tracker - Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, April 5, 2013

Cutting out Carbs!

Ok, so I just weighed myself this morning. I'm at 162. That puts me down like 13 pounds since I started the diet 29 days ago.  Not too bad, but, unfortunately, that's only a 3 pound loss for this 2nd Cycle. My body just doesn't metabolize carbs, dammit! So, I had added in some quinoa and stuff like that, but it's just not going to work for me. I will definitely add carbs back into my life when I'm maintaining, but for now...not going to work. I've still got 45 pounds I want to lose, and 3 pounds every 2 weeks just isn't going to cut it. I want to be in shorts and tank tops this Summer, I want to go hiking, and swimming, and rafting, learning how to rock climb, etc.  There are so many outdoor activities that I want to be a part of, but I'm SO self-conscious about my body and my fitness level, that right now, I'm just not comfortable trying them.  I have also decided that my new goal is to tackle The Incline on Labor Day Weekend.  I know Morgan and I had discussed a possible trip out here for her and Nick on that weekend...maybe we can do it together if that trip does work out??  I'm so glad that Morgan posted Facebook about her weight loss a few weeks ago because we've been talking and she has REALLY been holding me accountable.  I let her know when I should be done with my workout, and if I legit feel awful if she texts me and I haven't done it yet!!  Definitely found my motivation within her, and it feels good.  I'm excited about getting down to business and feeling good and like I can tackle ANYTHING!!!

Starting weight as of 4/8 (start of the diet): 174.8
Current weight: 162
Goal to Hit by 5/10: 140-145
Pounds to go: 17-22!

I can do this.  I WILL do this.  =D

No comments:

Post a Comment