Authors' Losses

MadisonG's Tracker - Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

CallieM's Tracker - Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, March 16, 2013

The 17-Day Diet Works! Down 10 lbs!

So, I'm officially down 10 lbs since I started the 17-Day Diet last Thursday night.  I weighed in this morning at 164.8.  That is 10 lbs in 8 full days!  I'm so proud of myself for sticking to the diet!  The first phase is difficult, especially since I'm not a fish fan.  It basically leaves me with lean poultry and veggies, and occasional fat-free cheese.  It's not easy to cut out starches cold-turkey like that, I won't begin to tell you that it is, but if you can just commit to 17 days, not even a full 3 weeks, you will see the weight come off, and it will motivate you to keep going.  Plus, it's only 17 days, and then you get to add some foods back.  Then in another 17 days, you get to add even more.  And then you just maintain.  It's the easiest diet in the world.  My Aunt lost 36 lbs doing it, and my friend's mom (who was basically my 2nd mom growing up) lost 40lbs!  The only exercise they added as the foods were added back was walking.  I need to start Jillian!  It was my plan to start on Monday, but having this puppy is making things very difficult.  I've got to plan it just right, so as soon as he falls asleep, I get started and hope to God he doesn't wake up.

I finally feel like I'm getting on track here.  Time to keep it up, and keep going and add some real exercise besides an occasional walk with the dogs, which doesn't really constitute as a walk because Frankie doesn't quite know how to walk on a leash just yet.

10 lbs down!  Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment