Authors' Losses

MadisonG's Tracker - Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

CallieM's Tracker - Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Added Weight Loss Tracker + Dinner Recipe

Ok, so I'm back on the diet, and when I weighed in today, I'm at 167.2.  That's down 6 pounds since I started the diet!  Now, I know that most of that is water weight, but the important thing is that I'm seeing some results on the scale, and that is going to keep me VERY motivated to continue on the diet.  Two more weeks, and I get to start adding some starches back in to the diet.  So far, it's been salads, roasted cauliflower, and leftover turkey meatloaf, and TONS of water.  Honestly, it's not that bad.  I'm enjoying everything that I'm eating, but I'm ready for some chickpeas...god, I love hummus.  Anyway, the point of this post was to include that since I've been tracking all my calories on MyFitnessPal, I wanted to include a weight loss tracker here.  I know I'm down 6 pounds, but I believe when I signed up for MyFitnessPal I was at 158, and I can't figure out if there is a way to change that...  Guess I'll just have to lose 10 more pounds and start seeing the numbers add up on my tracker!

Healthy Dinner Recipe 3/10/13:

Spicy Chicken Sausage Tomato Sauce over Roasted Cauliflower
- This is super filling, but super low in calories, which is PERFECT for dinner since it should be your smallest meal of the day.

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
12 oz can of Hunt's 100% Natural Tomato Paste
12 oz Smart Balance Heart Smart Fat-Free Milk
5 oz water
3 tsp Tone's Spicy Spaghetti Seasoning
Garlic Powder
3 Foster Farms Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage
^---This should make about 10 servings

1/4 head of Cauliflower - per serving

15 g of Athenos Reduced Fat Feta Cheese - per serving


Directions:
Throw EVOO, tomato paste, milk, water, seasoning, and garlic powder into a pot, and let simmer for 30 minutes.

While sauce is simmering, cut up cauliflower, place in over at 375 for 20 minutes (may need more time, just keep an eye on it).

With about 10 minutes left of simmering, brown chicken sausage over medium heat.  When no longer pink, add to sauce and let simmer for the rest of the original 30 minutes (of course, you can let this simmer as long as you like)

Spoon 3 oz of sauce over cauliflower, top with feta, and enjoy!


Nutrition:
1 serving

Calories - 144
Fat - 6g
Carbs - 11g
Protein - 13g
Sodium - 439mg

No comments:

Post a Comment