Authors' Losses

MadisonG's Tracker - Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

CallieM's Tracker - Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, April 29, 2013

90 Day Challenge

I've struggled with my weight pretty much my entire life. I've always been a little heavier than most of my friends. Both my parents and my younger sister were blessed with the high metabolism/athletic builds. Me? I got boobs, ass, and legs, and pretty much not athletic ability whatsoever.

At 23 I stepped on the scale for the first time in years around mid January and was absolutely floored by the number I saw.

I can't say I just all of a sudden became determined to change because that's a lie, it was kind of a perfect storm of things that happened. My boyfriend of 6 years introduced me to a friend of his from middle school he'd happened to keep in touch wtih over the years of moving and changing schools, and she and I became instant friends. When I started to explain to her my struggles with my weight it came to light I was exactly where she was 5 years ago. Same size, same age, same eating habits, same level of self confidence. It was her, and long hard talk with my boyfriend that helped me decide that now was the time. Now, or never.

With Sarah as my coach, the beachbody program TurboFire, a complete 180 in my food choices, and unlimited support through facebook I have completely changed my life.

In 90 days I've lost 28lbs, and 26 inches off my body. That's almost an inch per pound! And this is with moderate effort, because I can't profess I gave it my all every single day. I had horrible days, weeks, and the month of March just completely destroyed me, but that's all beside the point because I made it. I perservered. I didn't get discouraged. I reached out to my support system and they helped me stay on track.

I'm not going to lie and say it was simple, it was freaking hard. But its do-able. This lifestyle isn't impossible. My relationship with food is 100% different. My mindset is 200% different, and my body is feeling and showing the results!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO proud of you, Morgan! Without you, I would have never started seeing my own results (which would have just continued to make this a blog about wanting to be fit and lacking the motivation to do anything about it)! You have motivated me to FINALLY make the change in my life that will allow me to not only be comfortable in my skin but also get to a point that I know I'm worth it, and I am forever grateful for that! Can't wait to see before and afters and where your journey takes you now that you have completed your 90 Days!

    ReplyDelete