Authors' Losses

MadisonG's Tracker - Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

CallieM's Tracker - Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, May 17, 2013

Whatever It Takes!

Ok, so I know I just weighed in two days ago, but I wanted to keep on track with the Facebook Challenge weigh-ins, too.

At the beginning of the 60-Day Challenge, I was at 159.2.  Wednesday, I was at 161.  Today I weighed in at 159.8 (just goes to show how much one will fluctuate).  I'm feeling pretty good about the fact that I'm only up .6 lbs in the last two weeks.  And here is why:

For those who don't know yet, I went out on May 3rd, and it is veeeeeery possible that something was slipped into my drink.  I completely lost 4 1/2 hours of my night.  Even now, that my sister has (finally!) talked to me and told me what happened, it is still completely black.  Seriously, not a thing.  Long story short...blacked out, got in a fight with a girl in the bathroom, attacked my sister, had to be picked up by my boyfriend (who I don't remember seeing at any point before I go back to the house), tried to jump out of his moving vehicle, he stopped, I DID jump out, and then wandered aimlessly through a not-so-safe part of town for HOURS!  Around this time, I started to come back in a bit, and I remember trying to stop a car because I knew I needed to call someone.  In the process, I fell in the street.  I remember falling, and I remember it hurting, and I remember being really pissed that I fell.  Then I went out again (not sure how long), and came back in to a cop asking if I needed help.  Obviously, I did.  He asked if I was Madison, and I said, yes, and he told me to sit on the curb because my Dad and brother in law had been looking for me.  Then I went home.  It was absolutely crazy.  Did I drink?  Yes.  Enough to black out?  Not even close.  I wasn't even hungover the next day...at all.  All the more reason that I think I was roofied.  My Dad said he was talking to a co-worker, who is close friends with a cop.  The cop told her that she needed to keep a watchful eye on her drinks when she was out because the amount of roofie cases happening right now is asinine.  =/

So, there's that.  Worst part?  When I fell, I seriously jacked up my foot.  I haven't been able to do an actual workout since May 3rd.  I'm really sad about it.  All I've been keeping up with is the arm-toning workout.

Another reason that I'm happy I haven't gained more weight is because when we were in Carbondale, all we did was eat crap food, drink beer, and not workout.  We did walk Campus Lake and a little bit through Thompson Woods and the rest of campus, so there's that, at the very least.  I wish I could have done more because it would have been really nice to get a workout in with Sara.  =(

So, there's my story, and why I've been a little MIA lately.

Now, to add a little more stress, sadness, AND motivation into the mix.  I got my blood test results back yesterday.  Everything was completely normal.  I was actually way more upset about it than I thought.  I'm actually going to be working with my doctor to get more testing done for thyroid issues.  While I'm very happy to know that my levels are normal across the board (I mean in EVERY thing), there are still issues.  Like the fact that I'm eating right, drinking water, cut out soda, exercising daily (before the 3rd), and the weight wasn't coming off all that quickly AND I was still exhausted allllllllll the time.  Those things are not normal.  They don't compute.  There are a few tests that they didn't do, that could actually show an issue with my Pituitary Gland, which could be causing me to be hypothyroid, without there being an issue with my Thyroid itself.  Nonetheless, knowing what I know, I'm going to push harder than ever, and I'm going to continue this journey.  Even if it means hiring a dietitian because it turns out there's nothing wrong with my Pituitary Gland, either!

Whatever it takes.  My new motto in life...not just on my weightloss/get fit journey.  Whatever it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment