Authors' Losses

MadisonG's Tracker - Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

CallieM's Tracker - Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday #3

I'm kind of hoping my current plateau is just seeming that way because I just started and I'm bloated. But I can't seem to get out of the high 150s! I weighed in this morning at 158.2 which is only down .6 lbs from last week. I think it's because I'm not eating enough, but I've alway been an "eat when I'm hungry" kind of person, so it's hard to force myself to eat. Plus, I never have enough time to make breakfast, so I end up eating a handful of trail mix (almonds, peanuts, cashews, raisins, and m&m's....almost all nuts, though) that I have in my desk at work. 
 
Who has tips for this?  I know that getting up early is the obvious option, but trust me, if you know me....that's not really an option.  Most people that know me are still amazed that I have a job that requires me to be in the office at 7am...maybe not that I have it, but that I've kept it for over 2 years.  I absolutely HATE getting up early, and I'm a grumpy b*tch, every...single...morning.  I've been looking into making some grab 'n go breakfasts.  The recipe that keeps catching my eye is the egg muffins one.  I would want to tweak them a bit, but basically, you put some eggs mixed with sausage or bacon or whatever you want into a muffin pan, bake, and then toss in the fridge so you grab one each morning on the way out the door.  I suppose that would work for me. 
 
Do you guys have any other quick breakfast ideas?  Or what does your morning routine look like?  Maybe I can start to force myself to get up in time to make something each morning.....maaaaaybe.


Also, next Wednesday is 2 days before my intial goal, so I'm going to just make it my goal date and not only weigh in, but include my measurements.  Perhaps, I'm at a weight plateau, but I'm still losing inches?

4 comments:

  1. I'm the worst at getting ready in the morning. I want to sleep in as much as possible, so I know your pain! I find that making my breakfast the night before helps a lot. I love the egg muffins! My other favorite is 2 eggs, turkey bacon and piece of fruit. I pre-make all of the bacon I will need for the week usually on sunday night. And sometimes I make my eggs I will need for the next day at night or it's like seriously 2 minutes or less to make eggs in the morning so it's super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to have to start cooking the night before. You know I'm always late! I don't have the extra 2 minutes since I'm already 5 minutes late to work every morning. I'm all about the sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about sleep too. I can only eat eggs hardboiled I don't know why. Scramble and sunny up just make me queasy, but its a great source of protein that doesn't involve dairy which I am way sensitive to. I do two egg whites and my rice cake with almond butter, and a small cup of coffee. I honestly wing it for breakfast. Not that I eat wrong in the mornings but I'm in the routine now where I wake up starved, so I just start eating things lol. I think I do a protein, a grain, a fat, and a fruit.

    Fun rule I learned: Eat like a king for breakfast, eat like a prince for lunch, and eat like a peasant for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what you gotta do girl but eat a big breakfast!!! Even if you grab it on the way to work!

    ReplyDelete